What documents are needed for a fiancé visa?

When applying for a fiancé visa, also known as a K-1 visa, there are several documents you will need to provide. These documents help establish the authenticity of your relationship and support your visa eligibility.

1. Form I-129F: You must complete and submit Form I-129F. This form is the main application to obtain the fiancé visa.

2. Fiancé’s Proof of US Citizenship: You must provide proof that your fiancé is a legitimate US citizen, such as a copy of the fiancé’s passport, birth certificate, or certificate of naturalization.

3. Proof of relationship: You must prove that you have a genuine and legitimate relationship with your US fiancé. This can include photographs together, love letters, correspondence, and joint travel records, among other documents that support the authenticity of the relationship.

4. Proof of meeting in person: You must show that you and your fiancé have met in person at least once in the last two years before filing the fiancé visa application. You can present plane tickets, passport stamps, photographs together, or other documents that show the meeting in person.

5. Single Certificate: If applicable, you must provide a single certificate or proof of dissolution of previous marriages.

6. Medical Exams: You will be required to undergo a medical exam by a USCIS-designated physician to verify that you do not have any inadmissible diseases or medical conditions.

7. Form DS-160: After USCIS approves the I-129F petition, you will need to complete Form DS-160 online, which is the nonimmigrant visa application form used by the US Department of State.

8. Valid Passport: You must have a passport available to travel to the United States.

9. Embassy Interview: Generally, an interview is required at the US embassy or consulate in your home country. During the interview, you will be asked questions about your relationship and your marriage plans.